
Day 9
OK so today I was determined not to have a photo of Cameron but of something else.
The lengths he goes to to have his photo everyday LOL.
LONG STORY....
Cameron didn't wake til after 11am this morning (now he normally sleeps in but not that late).
I went in to pick him up and he was burning!
I took his temp and it was 39.6C / 103.3
I thought it was maybe the heat so we had some cool yogurt and fruit for breakfast. But then he just climbed up on my knee and went back to sleep. That NEVER happens.
After a while I ran a cool bath but he just cried in it and clung to me trying to sleep.
I called the doc and we went in.
His temp was 40.6C / 105.1
She sent him for a chest xray to check for pneumonia.
The xray showed some clouding and spots. She'd also given him panadol. But his temp was still 40.1C / 104.2
She sent us to hospital so they could monitor him.
They gave him more panadol and tested his urine. We managed to get him eating and drinking some and he brightened a bit. His temp cam down to 38C / 100.4
So they sent him home and we have to go back tomorrow.
There is still a very small ?? about early pneumonia but we think his ok.
He is asleep with a fan now.
It was very scary and stressful Ive never seen him perfectly still and so so so hot. His eyes would just roll back and he'd lay there not moving.
Fingers crossed tomorrow morning his AOK and gets the final all clear poor hun.
OK so today I was determined not to have a photo of Cameron but of something else.
The lengths he goes to to have his photo everyday LOL.
LONG STORY....
Cameron didn't wake til after 11am this morning (now he normally sleeps in but not that late).
I went in to pick him up and he was burning!
I took his temp and it was 39.6C / 103.3
I thought it was maybe the heat so we had some cool yogurt and fruit for breakfast. But then he just climbed up on my knee and went back to sleep. That NEVER happens.
After a while I ran a cool bath but he just cried in it and clung to me trying to sleep.
I called the doc and we went in.
His temp was 40.6C / 105.1
She sent him for a chest xray to check for pneumonia.
The xray showed some clouding and spots. She'd also given him panadol. But his temp was still 40.1C / 104.2
She sent us to hospital so they could monitor him.
They gave him more panadol and tested his urine. We managed to get him eating and drinking some and he brightened a bit. His temp cam down to 38C / 100.4
So they sent him home and we have to go back tomorrow.
There is still a very small ?? about early pneumonia but we think his ok.
He is asleep with a fan now.
It was very scary and stressful Ive never seen him perfectly still and so so so hot. His eyes would just roll back and he'd lay there not moving.
Fingers crossed tomorrow morning his AOK and gets the final all clear poor hun.



6 comments:
Oh poor boy. How scary for you! Hope he's completely fine tomorrow and back to his usual self.
x
Oh no! I hope he gets better soon and it doesn't worsen.
Oh how scary! I hope he gets better soon!
OMG - what a shock - hope Cam feels better tomorrow (although it IS tomorrow so hope you're ok Cam!) xx
Aww poor Cameren! I hope he starts to feel better soon!
Hope he is doing better now!
Post a Comment